- We, AGRIDEO, (hereinafter referred to as “AGRIDEO” and “We”, “we”) operate the Agrideo website that is accessible through https://www.agrideo.com (the “Website”) and the mobile app Agrideo Talk (the “app”) for both iOS and Android.
2. Generic terms and definitions
- “Business day” represents any weekday other than a bank or public holiday in France.
- “Data Protection Laws” means all applicable national laws relating to the processing of Personal Data as defined by the GDPR.
- “Force Majeure Event” represents an event or a series of related events that are outside of the legitimate control of the party concerned, which may include but not limited to Internet breakdowns or any other telecommunications network, virus or any other malevolent software attacks, power breakdowns, unforeseen changes of the applicable law, natural disasters, explosions, fires, floods, riots, terrorist attacks,earthquakesor wars.
“Agrideo” means the entire system of:
- the Agrideo Talk app available for both iOS and Android that is listed on App Store and Google Play respectively;
- the Platform offered on the Agrideo website.
- “Services” means any services related to the Agrideo website and Agrideo app that Agrideoprovides to you or has an obligation to provide to you according to the services made available to you on the website or app and, subsequently agreed upon between you and Agrideo.
The Services provided by Agrideo include, but are not limited to, the possibility to:
- Allow its users to share with their network, brilliant ideas related to agriculture, promote knowledge sharing and remove knowledge sharing obstacles, continually enriching each other or share photos, videos and write valuable articles to broadcast across the globe.
- Create a profile to achieve personal and professional goals by making connections and network with influential people in the food and agriculture industry, searching for job listings advertised by your favourite companies or create an international presence that gives you access to opportunities irrespective of where are you are situated in the world.
- Grow an involved community through groups allowing you to come together with a number of people around a combined subject or cause, e.g. topic in the agriculture and food industry, community cause or generate more pageviews or sharing business opportunities.
- Allow users a recruitment solution by making their hiring process much easier with an easy to use employer dashboard. Users can create their own Content Rich Career Page with responsive images gallery, albums, multiple videos and modern design, share their company culture and showcase their jobs.
- Boost users’ businesses there they can post their selling/buying offers through a comprehensive dashboard with a holistic and comprehensive view of their business. Users can enjoy an international B2B Marketplace to promote their business through a business page where they can build their brand, share updates, post photos and videos about their company and find people to help their business grow and let other businesses find them too.
- Connect with other friends on Agrideo through voice, video and text chat. Users can send Free and secure messages, share videos, photos and files instantly, enjoy free and secure HD video and voice calls.
- Create projects to improve food and agriculture world to collaborate on great ideas.
- It is not allowed to sign this contract by using a pseudonym or false or incorrect information. Should your personal information change, it falls under your obligation to update all data immediately and inform accordingly.
- Agrideohas no obligation to automatically allow you to join this agreement. Agrideo has the right todecline your demand at any giventime,with no obligation to inform you of the reasons behind that decision.Should this be the case, Agrideo will immediately delete any information and personal data that you had already submitted, in accordance with the applicable law.
- The subject-matter of this Agreement is to define the mutual obligations for the use of Agrideo’s Services either via the platform or through Agrideo Talk.
- Agrideo aims to improve its Servicesoccasionally. This also implies the improvement of certain technical features for that scope. Therefore, you acknowledge and consent that the availability of Agrideo may fluctuate every once in a while.
5. Publicly visible content
Some parts of the website are visible to general users who had not signed up in.
Certain parts of the website will be visible to users who have not signed up.Public (Non registered /logged-in users) will have limited access to your profile. Your profile photo, name, location, job title and the content related to your experience, education, skills, languages, volunteering experiences, publications, awards/honours and your hobbies will be indexed by search engines and thus publicly visible to persons that are not registered or connected to Agrideo. People may find your profile content in Search engines, based on search keywords that exist in your profile.
Regarding registered users or members of the Agrideo, profile owner has the choice to set the privacy of email address, phone number and birthday to “Connections Only” (Your connections on Agrideo), “Public” (Anyone on Agrideo), “Connection Exceptions” (Don’t show to some connections), “Specific connections” (Only show to some contacts), “Only Me”.
It is up to Agrideo’suserswhether or not to add sensitive content to your profile and make it public. If you do not want to make some of your information public, please do not add or publish it on your profile. It is left to your choice to decide whether or not to add information to your profile.
Certain parts of the website will be visible to users who have not signed up.As an author, your profile photo, your name and the content of your article will be indexed by search engines and thus publicly visible to persons that are not registered or connected to Agrideo. People may find your article content in Search engines, based on search keywords that exist in your article.It is left to your choice to decide whether or not to add sensitive content to your article content and make it public. If you do not want to make some of your information public, please do not add or publish it on your article. You have the choice of the information you publish in your article.
Certain sections of the website will be visible to users who have not signed up.Public (Non registered / non logged in users) will have limited access to your business page. The following content will be indexed by search engines and visible to the public (Non registered / non logged in users) :
- About your company
- Company Location
- Home page (All content shared by your company on the home page)
- All products / Services that exist in your “Sales Catalog”
- The company cover image
- The company profile photo
- Your Twitter feed. Users of Agride have the choice to not include their twitter feed.
Registered users or members of Agrideo will have full access to your business page content.It is left to your choice to decide whether or not to add sensitive content to your company page and make it public. If you do not want to make some of your information public, please do not add or publish it on your business page. It is your choice to create a business page and add information to your business page.
Certain parts of the website will be visible to users who have not signed up.
Public (Non registered / non logged in users) will have limited access to your business page. The following content will be indexed by search engines and visible to public (Non registered / non logged in users) :
- About your company
- Company Location
- Home page (All content shared by your company on the home page)
- Jobs (All job offers you may list in the career page)
- The company cover image
- The company profile photo
Registered users or members of the Agrideo platform will have full access to your business page content.It is left to your choice to decide whether or not to add sensitive content to your career page and make it public. If you do not want to make some of your information public, please do not add or publish it on your career page. It is your choice to create a career page or add information to your career page.
Certain parts of the website will be visible to users who have not signed up.
Public (Non registered /logged in users) will have access to the products you may list in the B2B Marketplace. The B2B Marketplace content will be indexed by search engines and visible to the public (Non registered / non logged in users).
Certain parts of the website will be visible to users who have not signed up.Jobs offers published by companies are visible to the public. Non registered / non logged in users may get access to job offers content. It is left to your choice to decide whether or not to add sensitive content to your job offers and make it public. If you do not want to make some of your information public, please do not add or publish it on your job offers. Job offers content will be indexed by search engines and thus publicly visible to persons that are not registered or connected to agrideo platform. People may find your job offer content in Search engines, based on search keywords that exist in your job offer.It is left to your choice to decide whether or not to publish a job offer or add information to your job offer.
Certain parts of the wesbite will be visible to users who have not signed up.Projects created by agrideo members are visible to the public. Registered, Non registered and non logged in users may get access to the project’s content. It is left to your choice to decidewhether or not to add sensitive content to your project and make it public. If you do not want to make some of your information public, please do not add or publish it on your project. Projects content will be indexed by search engines and thus publicly visible to persons that are either registered, connected, not registered or not connected to agrideo platform. People may find your project content in Search engines, based on search keywords that exist in your project.
It is your choice to create or add information to your project. You also have the choice to set the privacy of your project to “Everyone”, “Only Me”, “My Network” for more control on the visibility of your project and determine who can see your project.Finally, you have the choice to allow comments or disable comments on your project.
Certain parts of the website will be visible to users who have not signed up.Your group content may be visible by public (Non registered /logged in users) or members / registered users of the agrideo platform. You can set the privacy of your group to:
Public Group which means:
- Any Agrideousers can enlist in this group.
- This group will be displayed in the groups directory but also in the search results.
- A given group subject matter and activity will be visible to any Agrideo user.
Private Group which means:
- Only usersofAgrideo who submit a request for a group’s membership can join the foregoing group, subject to approval.
- This group will be displayed in the group's directory but also in the search results.
- Group content and activity will only be visible to members of the group.
It is left to the users of Agrideo to decide whether or not to add sensitive content to your group and make it public. If you do not want to make some of your information public, please do not add or publish it on your group. It is your choice to create a group or add information to your group.
6. Engagement of processors
- You explicitly authorise and acknowledge that Agrideo may rely on outsourcers in order to be able to provide Services to you.
- Agrideo ensures that any company Agrideo may outsource in order to provide the Services will act upon the explicit written instructions of Agrideo.
- You may inform us of any objection you may have regarding this engagement. As long as no objection has been received within seven days from the engagement, replacement or addition of an outsourcer, the latter will be deemed as having been accepted by you. If an objection has been received within this delay, Agrideo will discuss with you about your reasonable concerns and try to remedy the situation in good faith.
7. Information and data security
In addition, Agrideo represents and warrants that:
- all of its Services will be performed using sound, professional procedures and in a proficient and professional manner;
- Its networks, software, databases, routers or operational systems and PC system are in compliance with and are sufficiently organised proportionally with the relevant IT industry standards. In addition, Agrideo is closely following any updates related to the IT industry standards;
- It resorts to commercially clear-cut security policies to protect the data that pertains to its users. These policies incorporate but are not limited to, best endeavours to safeguard its computer systems and databases from any unauthorised access or interference. In addition, Agrideo Ensures that it will immediately notify you of any known or suspected security breach. Agrideo will immediately work with you to correct any security failure;
- It goes without saying that the information above does not discharge you of your own obligations and accountability to protect your devices, software, telecommunications and Internet connections against viruses, computer crime, illegal use by third parties or any other illegitimate use. You are responsible for any foreign activity that is using your account, whether you gave permission to it or not.
- You are entitled to notify Agrideo in text form (i.e. letter or e-mail) that you wish to withdraw from entering into this Agreement without any indemnity or penalty, and without providing any reason. Any notification shall be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree to indemnify and hold Agrideoguiltless from and against all claims, liabilities, and costs (including lawyer’s fees or any other expenditure incurred for the defence) including claims for damages resulting from:
- Breach of the rights of other users or third parties, including government agencies by the content posted by you on Agrideo, or due to your use of Agrideo;
- Your unauthorised or abusive use of Agrideo or any part in this regard;
Any additional rights and remedies, including claims for damages that Agrideo may have, will prevail and stay unaffected.
10. Exclusions, warranty and liability limitation
- Apart of those cases of willful misconduct or the deliberate breach, or in the event of personal injury caused by a defect in the services provided by Agrideo, in no event shall Agrideo be held responsible for any indirect loss or any damage. This also includes but it is not limited to lost profits that users may encounter as a result of use or interdependency with any content, loss of hypothetical goods, or for damages that are not measurable. The foregoing damages also include as to their extent, arising out of use and/or impossibility to access Agrideo and or unauthorised access to it by a third party and/or any other cause related to Agrideo.
- You agree and acknowledge that you are in a better position than us to foresee and evaluate any potential damage or loss that you may suffer in connection with the Services of Agrideo and that accordingly the exclusions and limitations contained in this clause are reasonable. You undertake at all times to mitigate any such damage or loss.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post any information on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The information you will post does not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The information does not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy;
- The information will not be used to solicit or promote unlawful activity.
Duration and termination of this Agreement
- This Agreement begins on the date hereof.
- The duration of your contract is concluded for an indefinite period of time or until it is subject to termination by one of the parties.
Agrideo may at any time terminate the agreement with you if you:
- Agrideo is required to do so by law.
12. Complaints and possible downtime bugs
- Agrideo will offer technical support to all clients to a necessary degree.
- In the scenario where Agrideo is unable to mirror an incident, and there has been no recurrence of the incident for a period of one month from the reported occurrence, the incident will be deemed “No fault found” and Agrideo will take no further action.
- A complaint from a user needs to be raised in writing or by e-mail to Agrideo within 14 days. Agrideo will complete the examination of the issues reported. Where this requires access to saved or archived data, transcription files or other digital data, you hereby authorise Agrideo to have unlimited access to this information to allow the complaint investigation to be fulfilled.
- Agrideo will use its reasonable endeavours to complete the investigation within a reasonable time period since the complaint has been raised. Should the dispute be upheld, you and Agrideo will work together to decide on the best course of redress.
- Agrideo is not liable for additional claims or compensation due to a lack of operation of services that are not part of the terms agreed. Agrideo does not warrant or represent that the operation of Agrideo will be uninterrupted, or error-free regardless of the service that you had acquired.
13. Rules for the use of Agrideo
- Users of Agrideo have the possibility to upload and add files, such as document, plans, files, pictures, videos, etc., to their projects on Agrideo. Before uploading any files or photos, users of Agrideo must make sure that they have the rights to the exclusive usage of the photo, video or file. In addition, you must ensure that the public display of the image, video or file is not in violation of any laws and does not breach any rights of third parties. Images, videos or photos pertaining to other people other than you can only be uploaded on Agrideo if consent was given by the latter.
- Users of Agrideo are not allowed to upload and/or publicly disclose any files composed of disorder or pornographic, biased, prejudicial, offensive, racist, defamatory or other unlawful elements or illustrations. What is more, users of Agrideo are not allowed to upload files that in full or partially depict company signs, trademarks or commercial marks or other proprietary signs. This is of course not applicable if you have rights over it. In other words, if you are the holder of the rights to those logos or if the owner of the rights has authorised you to use them.
- You can delete or replace posted pictures and files at any time. Similarly, we are also entitled to remove pictures or files without any earlier notice if and insofar as any objective proof exists that their publication at Agrideo violates any legal regulations, public morals and/or third-party rights.
- Contents and texts posted onAgrideo may not be copied, distributed or otherwise publicly displayed without permission from the owner of the right unless this is permitted by law.
- It is prohibited to advertise, conduct or encourage anti-competitive acts, including progressive customer acquisition, such as chain, pyramid or Ponzi schemes.
- Disturbing and persecuting activities such as sending chain letters or sexually suggestive or explicit communications are prohibited.
- It is forbidden to execute threats and assaults on the performance of Agrideo, e.g.issuing spam emails, hacking attempts, brute force attacks, the use or the sending of spyware, viruses and worms.
- If users of Agrideo breach these rules, we have the right to warn you, suspend or even exclude you from using Agrideo permanently. We reserve the right to delete any illegal content immediately.
- Users of Agrideo Recognise that they are not allowed to access (or attempt to access), nor allow any third party to use any part of Agrideo by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Agrideo. You explicitly agree not to access (or attempt to access) nor allow any third party to access any part of Agrideo through any automated means, including use of scripts, robots or web crawlers, and not to disclose your user credentials to any third party for the purposes of using any such technology.
You acknowledge and recognise that you will not:
- Execute any activity that inflicts, or that could hasan unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Agrideo’s systems;
- copy, replicate, imitate, rent, lend, loan, sell, trade, resell, modify, create subordinated works, disseminate or publicly make accessible any part of Agrideo without prior written consent from Agrideo and any third party determined by Agrideo as suitable;
- intrude or aim to intrude with the usual working of Agrideo or any activities conducted via Agrideo;
- bypass any measures Agrideo may use to prevent or restrict access to Agrideo; and
- try to reverse engineer, decompile or on the contrary, make an attempt to gain access of Agrideo’s source code.
- You agree that you will not eliminate, conceal, or modify any proprietary rights (including copyright and trademark notices) which may be attached or connected toAgrideo.
Permission is granted to use the Services provided byAgrideo for personal, non-commercial temporary examination only. This is the authorisation of a license, not a title hand-over, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy any documents;
- use the documents for any commercial scope, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer the App/website and any of its parts;
- eliminate any copyright or other proprietary representations from the documents; or
- transfer the documents to another person, irrespective whether it is a user on Agrideo or not, or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license will immediately end if you, as Agrideo’suser,are in breach any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Agrideo on any occasion. If you, however, view any of these materials or your licence is abolished, you have an obligation to destroy any downloaded materials in your possession, whether in electronic or printed format.
16. Hyperlinking to our content
The following organisations may link to our Website without having the prior written approval received from Agrideo as follows:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- Job Boards that may list job offers related to the Agriculture and Food industry, including agroforestry.
- Job Aggregators that may list job offers related to the Agriculture and Food industry, including agroforestry.
- Recruiters that may list job offers related to the Agriculture and Food industry, including agroforestry.
- Blogs related to the agriculture and food industry.
- Any other website related to the Agriculture and food industry.
The above-mentioned organisations may create a link to our home page, to publications or to other Website data or materials only if the link: (a) is under any circumstances fraudulent; (b) does not maliciously entail any protection, backing or recommendation of the linking entity and its merchandise and/or services; and (c) belongsto the frame of reference of the linking organisation’s website.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- educational institutions and trade associations.
Agrideo will accept link requests from these organisations assuming that we agree as follows: (a) the website link would not carry the risk to make Agrideolook in a negative way to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organisation does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Agrideo, and (d) the website address (link) is related to the framework of familiar resource materials.
These organisations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are representing one of the entities that are displayed in the second paragraph that is mentioned above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Agrideo. Please make sure to mention your name, the organisation’s name, contact details but also the address of your website or any other link that you may want to connect to our Website. A reply should follow in the following 2-3 weeks from the date of your request.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to the website of Agrideo under the following strict conditions:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
- No use of Agrideo’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Users of Agrideo are not allowed to generate frames around the website of Agrideo, which may modify to any extent the optical appearance of Agrideo. This can, however, be done if there was prior approval and written permission received from Agrideo.
17. Links to other websites
- The Website contains links to websites on the Internet that are owned and managed by third parties which are not linked to any extent or are under the control of Agrideo.
With reference to the other websites on the Internet, which are linked to the Website, it is to be understood that Agrideo:
- provides the addresses to other websites as a possible facility brought to you and the existence of a link to other sites does not imply any endorsement by Agrideo of the linked website; and
- cannot be held accountable for the information that is contained on those linked websites.
Any notice to be submitted by you in relation to this Agreement should be dispatched by registered post or e-mail as follows:
1271, Avenue des MARCHES
84200 CARPENTRAS (France).
VAT Id Number: FR 19401419726
These terms and conditions may be updated periodically. These current terms and conditions were last updated on June 9th, 2022.